The Waiting Period

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Today is the first day of new living in Mexico. We’re on our own! Wow. I’m excited and nervous at the same time.

Our previous living arrangements were with a family in a two-story house. We had a bedroom and occupied another room with our stuff (camping gear, tools, etc.). We helped weekly with the grocery bill and another bill once a month. It was a pretty good understanding we thought.

A few weeks ago we started noticing a few things that were just not right. Something, that we could just not pin point it, it was holding us back. What to do? We turned to the one who leads us to green pastures, our Heavenly Father. We waited, asked godly counsel, and waited.

You know when you get a new insurance policy or when you start a new job, there is a waiting period. Thirty or maybe ninety days when the benefits ‘activate’! In my own little way, this felt like that waiting period. It’s been 4 months since we moved down here. I'm glad we lived with that family for the first months. I can't imagine how much harder it would of all been trying to adapt to a new culture, laws, health system, the list goes on!

I know things will be different from now on. Trials and obstacles will still come, silly not to expect them, but to stand exactly in the bull’s-eye where God wants you IS ALL worth it! Praise God! My heart fills with joy!

Today we live in a BIG house; a little too big for me, but it we will need every bit of it when we have a mission’s team come here. We don’t have a lot of furniture; actually we’re using our folding chairs right now (haha), and only the most basic kitchen utensils. Wilson’s handyman expertise has been a huge help, thank the Lord for all the gifts he has given him! I’m so proud of him! He can preach, teach, fix a sink, setup the DVD player, hook up a car with a stereo system, give a tune-up to a car, cook a fancy meal, look good doing it all and making me feel like the most blessed wife in Mexico! Lol. It’s a tough job I tell ya!

I’ve even started a vegetable garden (those of you who know me know I’m not a gardener! haha). In about 3 months I will have green bell peppers (expensive here since most people use the hot ones), tomatoes, cucumbers, and squash. I already have a lime tree (thank you Jesus!) and a guava tree. Green pastures!

So, we now wait for you :-) . We’re excited to have missions teams come here. A few churches have already contacted us to arrange this. We’re glad to work with your church's mission team! Mexico 4 Jesus!
Let your work be shown to your servants, and your glorious power to their children. Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us, and establish the work of our hands upon us; yes, establish the work of our hands! Psa 90:16-17 ESV



Comments

2 Responses to “The Waiting Period”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

melissa said...

that is all so awesome to hear. I am glad you are doing well and yes God has blessed you with wilson :)
a garden (lol) need i say more im just kidding. that is great, you are having your own 'little cottageville country' lol. we miss you both dearly. i am continuing to pray for you and wilson, please send love and thoughts.
i love you
melissa

October 1, 2009 at 1:13 PM
Unknown said...

Congratulations! when ever you can send me some Guavas, lol. I proud of you. Good luck with your Garden.

October 1, 2009 at 2:18 PM

Post a Comment

Your prayers and comments are always encouraging to us. Thanks so much for stopping by, we love reading your thoughts!