Life in Mexico

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Hola amigos!

I just want to take a moment and journal what's life like here in Mexico.

Everyday chores usually take a lot longer to do here. Laundry, for example is a few hours versus 1 to 1 1/2 it took in the US. Cooking is a whole lot different. Libe, the lady of the house, takes the responsibility of cooking, cleaning, laundry, and other labor tasks. However, since I came, I have been helping her with at least cooking and some cleaning. She is thrilled to see me cook in a different way :) I don't have everything I need when cooking, but I'm learning to be creative. That is a definite requisite to living here.

Spiritually speaking, we are on our own. There isn't a church where I can go and worship freely and fellowship. Every church we have visited have requested us to preach/teach. It's weird actually. I feel a freedom of not having a 'church responsibility' but at the same time it was good to have an appointment every Sunday with the Lord. I don't know if this makes sense. :) It's been fun to seek God on my own basis. I can't really explain. It's just me, a worship CD/playlist, the Word and my prayer shawl (thanks Pastor Tom), seeking the Almighty God of Wonders. Praise his name.

This has been on my heart lately:
"You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth." John 4:22-24 (TNIV)


I've noticed this, Jesus says "You Samaritans worship what you do not know...we worship what we do know" - and I ask- "Lord, what do I know? The more I know you, the more I know who I worship, the more worship means to me." I know him more in worship and the truth reveals who He is to me. Thank you Father for being a personal God to me, I can say with confidence "You are my God and I worship YOU."

Comments

No response to “Life in Mexico”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment

Your prayers and comments are always encouraging to us. Thanks so much for stopping by, we love reading your thoughts!