Meet Francisca

Thursday, June 25, 2009


I met Francisca for the first time on our trip to Veracruz. She is the oldest in a family of 9. I asked her the usual questions, trying to get to know her. When I asked, are you in school, her eyes went down with sadness and disillusion.

Her story touched me so, I have to post about it here, hoping and in faith that the Lord will answer her prayer.

She is 18 and was in her '3rd semester' of high school. What we can understand as 11th grade. Her family lives in the mountains, her father had supported her by paying a room and food while she stayed in the closest town with a high school, Zacualpa, about 2 1/2 hours away.

Her family can't afford to pay for this anymore. $70/month pays for her to share a room and food. Francisca wants to go work at the closest big city, Tulancingo, 4 hours away. This broke my heart. She WANTS to go to school and would be the first in the community to be a high school graduate. The dreams I see for her. She could help with her brothers/sisters and their education. With 1 semester away, will she finish?

If you would like to sponsor Francisca, please email me - dcg1218 @ yahoo dot com. Thank you.

Comments

One response to “Meet Francisca”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Anonymous said...

This was great.

-Joanne

July 9, 2009 at 7:28 PM

Post a Comment

Your prayers and comments are always encouraging to us. Thanks so much for stopping by, we love reading your thoughts!