My First Mexican Independence Day

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

“To the Jews I became as a Jew, in order to win Jews…”1Co 9:20 ESV
This verse became more real and true to me tonight as I experienced my first Independence Day in Mexico. I attended a service with a program that included “A Great Mexican Night”. During this program the pastor called for prayer for the nation confessing sins, asking mercy and rebuking spirits. It was then that I actually realized, “I am a Mexican now, do so as the Mexicans”, I remembered Paul and his ministry.

I feel as I need to become one with the people, if I must intercede surely my heart must feel their pain and need of deliverance. My thoughts naturally compared my life in the States; it’s difficult to take notice of these things when you feel at home. Sins don’t ‘look’ like sins anymore and spirits become familiar.
"…Awake, O sleeper, and arise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you. Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is." Eph 5:14:17 ESV
Let’s get in touch with God! We ALL have a part in his kingdom! I spent many years with zeal to serve the Lord but feeling out of place. Consider the scripture “…make the best of your time…” and “…understand what the will of the Lord is…” personally that His name may be glorified!



Comments

No response to “My First Mexican Independence Day”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment

Your prayers and comments are always encouraging to us. Thanks so much for stopping by, we love reading your thoughts!